Of all the things worth mentioning with regard to the new Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet-laptop, build and design is one aspect Microsoft didn’t go wrong with.
The slim, smooth-to-the-touch tablet weighs 1.73lbs (approximately 786 grams) and is 0.36″ thick.
See latest deals for the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro >
The Surface’s shape keeps it handy and comfortable to carry. The magnesium casing alloy chassis causes it to be durable and at the same time elegant to look at.
The Microsoft Surface 4 Pro has a hinged kickstand which basically allows it to be propped up like a laptop. The kickstand that runs along the entire length of the Surface gives it traction and stability while being balanced on one’s lap.
Surprisingly, the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet lacks of the word Microsoft in any portion of the tablet. Microsoft decided to opt for the Windows logo that shows up in both sides of the Surface. On the display side, the Windows logo happens to be a soft-touch button that presents the start screen once tapped.
Graphics and Screen
This Microsoft Surface 4 tablet sports a 2736 x 1824 screen resolution. The Corning Gorilla Glass 2.0 technology keeps the 12.3″ PixelSense display from getting damaged by scratches and normal wear and tear.
Pair that with the VaporMg and the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet is very well capable of withstanding more stresses ordinary tablets can’t.
The Windows 10 Pro is be able to run legacy Windows applications and it still has features that the Android and iOS lack. One of which is the ability to run a full browser unlike the latter operating systems which often have the mobile versions installed in them.
The Microsoft Surface 4 Pro runs Windows 10 with finesse and satisfactory speeds.
The Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet will have a full-sized USB 3.0 port. It also sports a headset jack, a Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, Surface Connect and a microSDcard reader.
Wireless provisions include a Bluetooth 4.0 and an 802.11 a, b, g, n Wi-Fi.
The Type Cover comes in 5 different colors. Like its name suggests, the Type cover focuses on the flawless typing experience.
The Type cover provides a 1.5mm height between the keys and the base which is relatively amazing since the enclosure of the Type cover is only 5mm thick.
Pros and Cons
It will be difficult to compare the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet against Android and iOS-based tablets. However, the lack of applications to further test the Surface can pose a big problem for users who pay particular attention to in-depth performance.
The following are a list of the Microsoft Surface tablet’s pros and cons.
1. Revolutionary Kickstand. The hinged-stand is one of the special physical features the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet possesses that no other brand has ever thought of. That alone is a big plus when considering a tablet with laptop-like features.
2. The SP4 on i5 or i7 processor makes no noise. But do expect the fan to kick in after you install your initial data, software, and outlook email due to indexing.
3. Aesthetically pleasing form. Not only did Microsoft take into account the overall appearance of the tablet, but it also made sure that the Type cover would complement the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablets’ visual appeal- without adding noticeable depth to it.
4. First Ever Windows Tablet with Classic Laptop Capabilities and Microsoft Office. Office is one of the most widely used software of all time. Windows 10 has an optimized version of this for a user’s Excel, Word and PowerPoint needs.
5. It’s customizable. The “configure your device” option available for those who prefer to build your own Surface Pro 4.
6. The Screen resolution is beautiful.
1. Unfortunately, the Windows 10, it is good and bad at the same time.
2. If you are looking for a pure tablet experience you will be disappointed because the Windows app store is not up to par with Android and iOS and all the desktop applications in the world cannot substitute for pure touch based apps.
3. Not too long battery life – 5 hours on average.
4. The color of the screen on some tablets changes colors from white to a yellow or green tint.
5. The surface pen sometimes doesn’t respond and the cursor disappears. Try to open up the pen and reseat the battery.
Microsoft’s tablet wars certainly deserves credit for its one of a kind design. From the VaporMg casing to the 0.7mm distance between the glass cover and screen, Microsoft has kept everyone intrigued and asking for more.
If you are a computer user who takes delight in owning the best and most innovative then buy a Surface Pro 4. This is the ideal tablet for a student trying to get work done with no limitations like other tablets. It’s a full PC in a compact convenient tablet package.
The “magnetic clip-on” keyboard and revolutionary kickstand goes beyond what was expected of this tablet. And although the Windows 10 operating system may have Windows fanatics second guessing, the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro tablet will definitely be a popular choice this upcoming months.
Best Surface Deals. Limited Quantities + free shipping & returns
Processor: up to 6th Gen Intel Core i7
Hard Drive: up to 1TB
Memory: up to 16GB RAM
Graphics: up to i7 Intel Iris
Display: 12.3″ PixelSense 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI) Touch: 10 point multi-touch
Dimensions: 11.50 x 7.93 x .33 in (292.10 x 201.42 x 8.45 mm)
Weight: 1.73 lbs (786g)
Battery life: up to 9 hours
OS: Windows 10 Pro