The HP Slimline 410-010 desktop has the power and features comparable to an entry-level notebook at a cheaper price.
This new small form factor breaks away from the traditional full-sized tower so users won’t have a hard time seating it in small areas.
As a Slimline member, consumers expect it to have a decent overall performance while maintaining a compact figure.
HP Slimline 410-010 Desktop Overview: Working Reliably on a Compact PC
Build and Design
One thing’s for sure, the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop won’t blow anyone away with its physical looks. In fact, it would be more appropriate to brand the Slimline a minimalist’s ideal CPU- not to mention that it only comes in one color.
The sleek design can be attributed to its curved-edge appearance and stylish front panel. As mentioned earlier, it’s not a gamer’s dream case but rather a clean and trim chassis that’ll effortlessly blend in any room it’s placed at.
Ventilation systems located at the top and left panels so storing it behind a desk won’t be a problem. With a chassis that’s less than half the size of a traditional PC, users won’t have any problems fitting this into a room with limited real estate.
This said, the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop is only capable of accommodating two disk drives (1 bay is for 5.25″ and the other is for 3.5″).
Performance and Graphics
Though the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop isn’t running with the High End processors, this in no way stops it from showing flawless video streaming and graphics editing.
The 4th Gen Intel Core i3-4170 processor fast enough for everyday computing tasks.
Unlike the majority of this line, the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop does come with two USB 2.0 ports at the front panel. Four USB 2.0 ports are located at the back along with Ethernet, DVI, and Audio jacks for the subwoofer, rear and side speaker, audio line-in and line-out and microphone.
Finally, a 7-in-1 multimedia card reader is situated at the front. To further encourage users to go cable-less, an 802.11 b, g, n wireless LAN is highlighted in this CPU. It operates at 2.4GHz and supports WPA and WPA2-PSK Windows security protocols.
Pros and Cons of the HP Slimline 410-010 Desktop
The HP Slimline 410-010 desktop may not come with the gaming raw power nor will it have the flashiest chassis. Nonetheless, this CPU will serve users well in terms of productivity, everyday computing tasks, and entertainment. The list below summarizes the410-010’s pros and cons.
1. Compact Small Form Factor (SFF). Desktops nowadays are taking less and less space in our homes. This is due to the emergence of cost-friendly laptops and all-in-ones. This machine will blend perfectly to its surroundings may it be on top of a counter or a small office table.
2. Very Quiet. Lack of noise from fans or processors makes this unit the best desktop per price in the industry.
3. Built-in Wireless LAN Connectivity. The HP Slimline 410-010 desktop’s stock keyboard and mouse may be wired, but users are readily given the option to go wireless. This also means that one has the choice to choose between LAN and Wi-Fi for their local and internet connection.
4. Spacious Storage. Users will have plenty of room for their multimedia files with the 1TB hard drive the HP Pavilion 410-010 desktop is built with.
5. Reasonably-Priced SFF Desktop. Potential owners will be happy to learn that the Slimline 410-010 is priced right for its compactness and decent performance.
1. Limited Graphics Support. Those who plan to do a little modern gaming will have to find another computer as the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop only comes with the preset Intel HD Graphics 4400 integrated graphics card. Heavy gaming is almost non-existent.
2. Comes with Wired Mouse and Keyboard by Default. It’s not that HP’s accessories aren’t good; it’s just the fact that these two will have to take 2 out of the 6 USB slots.
3. No VGA or HDMI. This is, by far, one of the most disappointing drawbacks the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop has. The absence of regularly used VGA and HDMI ports bounds this CPU to DVI.
Compact, simple and sophisticated are just some of the standout attributes the HP Slimline 410-010 desktop has. Don’t be deceived by its size though. The 410-010 will meet one’s basic computing needs without burning a hole in the wallet.
Therefore, it’s a perfect match for budget-conscious consumers with limited computer space such as dorm students or business office.
Operating system: Windows 10
4th Gen Intel Core i3-4170 processor
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
8GB memory, expandable to 16GB
Hard drive: 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Price starts from $429 >
For the 2015 HP released two more new Slimline models: HP Slimline 450-151 Desktop with Intel Core i5 processor and
HP ENVY 800qe: Exceptional Performance and Effortless Customization
HP ENVY 700xt: Excellent Performance & Great Value
HP ENVY 23-k100xt All-in-One PC:Touch Functionality in a Compact Build
Best New and Powerful HP Laptops